The Belt Group has earned the reputation of providing quality construction in Western Maryland and the surrounding tri-state area. The Belt Group is looking for talented professionals to join our team who value safety, performance, community, character, and teamwork.
Apply now using the link below. Make sure to completely fill out all the required fields and attach a resume. There will be a section for you to add any additional information such as references, the positions you are applying for, etc. Applicants must pass a drug screening and background check to be considered for employment.
Carl Belt, Inc. and The Belt Construction Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Carl Belt, Inc. and The Belt Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMBO LOADER OPERATOR/LABORER/MAINTENANCE MAN
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Loader Operator
- Keep Bins filled according to mix requirements for day
- Keep stockpiles in neat and orderly condition maintaining segregation from other materials.
- Keep loader other equipment in maintained condition and clean regularly.
- Operate other equipment as directed by plant manager.
- Review plant components on a daily basis and report potential problems.
- Keep areas under conveyor belts free from debris build up.
- Free rap crusher in the event of clogging.
- Other work as directed by plant manager.
- Maintenance Man
- Basic understanding of operation of plant components and process.
- Mechanically inclined-must be able to assist or perform necessary repairs with or without supervision.
- Grease plant on a regular basis and maintain schedule.
- 2 years’ experience with a large wheel-loader preferred but not required.
- Prior experience with skid steer loader and backhoe preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in the asphalt plant industry is preferred but not required.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to work night shifts when required.
- Must be able to work weekends when required.
- Must be willing to join International Order of Operating Engineers Local 37 after hire and successful completion of probationary period.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be able to operate/perform labor work/ and maintain equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Per Collective Bargaining Agreement with I.U.O.E. Local 37.
- Starting wage at $21.50 per Hour.
- Includes H&W, Pension and Annuity.